Friday, December 18, 2009

Back to the grind

I have almost made it through my first week back at work (and last full work week of 2009!), and it already feels like my surgery was much longer than only about 2 and a half weeks ago. As I get back to my normal routine...and as my life gets less interesting, I will probably only post on the blog when something new happens that relates to the surgery and recovery. Although I have enjoyed blogging way more than I thought I would...so maybe I will subject anyone who is still reading this to the more mundane details of my life over the next few months! :)

Highlights of the week...
Monday - I got another excellent report from my oral surgeon at my weekly check-up, and he gave me clearance to use a straw, to do low-impact exercise (sadly no step class allowed yet), and to get my hooks off! He predicts when I come back the Monday after Christmas he'll also let me stop wearing the rubber bands. And he told me that I can't do any damage by talking too much, so that's a relief! The ladies that work in his office couldn't believe how much better I was looking!

Tuesday - I got the first appointment I could at the orthodontist and got the hooks taken off my braces...amazing. No longer have those stupid things jabbing into my lips.

Wednesday - I was actually able to stuff myself at our annual holiday potluck lunch at the office. Corn souffle, mac and cheese, sweet potato casserole, deviled eggs, pumpkin pie--just so happens that those are all things I can take little bites of, mush around in my mouth, and swallow! My stomach wasn't used to being so full after two weeks of soup. The lunch also inspired my first trip back to the gym...my walk on the treadmill that night was prep for the Virginia Highlands Holiday 5K tomorrow morning (thanks to Kim K. and to Lindsey for agreeing to walk with me!).

Thursday - I finally experienced the amazing-ness that is the peppermint chocolate chip milkshake at Chick Fil A. If you haven't had one of these, you should--and hurry, since they're only around at Christmastime. SO DELICIOUS.

I'm looking forward to a weekend of productivity (gotta finish those applications!) and Christmas-y traditions (going to the Nutcracker on Sunday!) and then heading to Charleston on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment