My goal yesterday was to eat a big enough Thanksgiving meal that would make me feel ill afterwards...mission accomplished. I stuffed myself with turkey, dressing, veggies, rice & gravy, and pie at lunch yet somehow still had room for a turkey sandwich and more pie for dinner. I just keep telling myself I'll be glad I did that when I'm not able to eat such big meals over the next few weeks! I also told myself I'd be glad I got up early to run the Charleston Turkey Trot 5K yesterday morning since I won't be able to run for a month or so. I never feel amazing on early morning runs, but I finished in under 30 minutes, which is always my 5K goal!
Today Mom and I hit the stores to take advantage of some major Black Friday deals--not at 4AM or anything crazy like that, but still early enough to get some "early bird" specials (which luckily just requires getting there before 1PM). I ended up buying a couple of things at Bed, Bath, and Beyond in preparation for surgery recovery...
1) A Magic Bullet - yes, from the infomercials...this machine supposedly chops, blends, purees, etc. with the touch of a button, plus it allows you to prepare and then eat from the same container (and even microwave or refrigerate if necessary)...a definite pro for someone like me who doesn't have a dishwasher. I think it will be great for smoothies, milkshakes, and soups.

2) A cotton candy pink Snuggie - let's face it, I'm cold all the time, and I think the Snuggie is the perfect item for me to own. Now I just have the "but I'm recovering from surgery!" excuse to justify the purchase.

we had a magic bullet in college and it was fantastic!!! let me know when you can have visitors and i'll be sure to stop by :) i'm glad your mom will be in town to take care of you.
ReplyDeletep.s. i was NOT aware that my name when i post comments on here is "ms. paradise"...i will obvi be changing that asap. embarrassing.
ReplyDelete