Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Joining the blog world

I'm finally doing it--joining the crowd and starting up a blog. I used to think my life was way too boring for a blog...seriously, who the heck wants to read about my daily routine of going to work, maybe hitting up my favorite step class at the gym, and then sitting on my couch in front of my TV (yes, that is basically what most days consist of in my life)? Unlike my friends, who were blogging about adventures like teaching English in China or traveling around Asia and the Middle East or who had amazing insights and theories on life's big and small moments, I didn't really think I had anything important to say.

With my jaw surgery right around the corner (seriously, how is December 1 almost here already???), I decided that now is the time. Instead of sending out mass e-mails to friends and family about my progress, I think a blog is more efficient. Plus, maybe it will distract me from the impending doom of a likely-to-be-painful recovery and at least six to eight weeks of a "no-chew" diet. I'm willing to give anything a shot.

So here goes nothing. I'll try not to gross anyone out with the gory details (and I refuse to post photos of myself directly after surgery like I've seen on some other blogs...only my mom should have to witness that)--instead I'll focus on providing updates on how I'm doing and sharing anecdotes about a life that temporarily revolves around smoothies, soup, oatmeal, pudding, etc. etc. etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment